Dorothy: Now which way do we go?
Scarecrow: Pardon me, this way is a very nice way.
Dorothy: Who said that?
Scarecrow: [points other way] It’s pleasant down that way, too.
Dorothy: That’s funny. Wasn’t he pointing the other way?
Scarecrow: [points both ways] Of course, some people do go both ways.
You can only go in so many directions at once. At Pairings, there are many signs that can lead you many ways, since the topics covered here include what goes with art (everything, in my humble opinion). And some of these are sign posts that explore the themes of art + meanings within our everyday surroundings.
Are you, like me, a believer in signs? Have you ever missed a sign? If so, here are some signs to follow, from the Pairings archives:
- All the Signs Pointed Me in One Direction
- Does Beer Make Others More Interesting?
- You’ll Always Have Choices
- Signs of Changing Times
- Unintended Redundancies
- We Are The Champions!
- Landmarks We Have Loved and Lost ♣
Are you more inclined to go hither, thither or yon?
When I’m not in Austin, Texas, I’m frequently shooting other meaningful things, from the today and yesterday, but not tomorrow (yet). You’ll find more in my Time Travels, HERE. And if you, like me, are a fan of oddball eccentricities, you’ll get a kick out of Cee’s Oddball Photo Challenge entries, HERE.
- How the Vanishing Austin project began
- The 99+ photographs in the Vanishing Austin series
- More articles in Vanishing Austin blog series
- The Endangered Species of Austin